Tuesday, March 18, 2014


On 23rd February 2014, fifteen volunteers from Japan and Habitat for Humanity Nepal’s partner organization-Shree Jharana saving and credit co-operative Ltd worked together to construct a cement block house for Gopini Sapkota in Kavre. Over this 11 days, they successfully built four room house for Gopini. The volunteers, most of the teenagers enjoyed constructing walls, flooring and digging mud.
                    Sharing love with Gopini Sapkota.                                               Volunteer Mayu Eguchi filling gaps in blocks


The volunteers shared their experiences on the site:


I am very happy to build a shelter for Gopi’s family. I hope our team has changed her life with this new home. And we really want her family to find happiness in her life. - Shota Ozawa (Team Leader)

I am a university student. Though we had paid an amount for this experience, I don’t think that’s expensive because here we not just built a house but also created happiness among family members. I’m sure that I cannot get this similar experience in any other place or program. GV left a big effect on us. We have known Nepal and the Nepalese people. Here, we had together built a home. It was really good experience. Love Nepal!!! I hope that “A world everyone have a decent place to live” will happen very soon. Thank you so much for the experience. – Mayu Eguchi
















Volunteers working on  site.



I had a really good time here in Nepal. I experienced the joy of working for someone and I really want to join Habitat for Humanity activities again.  -Ayuka Morimoto

Thanking for her gift (a nepali wallet) from Home Partner
I had a very good experience in Nepal through this GV build. I would love to come back to Nepal again and very soon.  - Taisho Teshima

It was my first time building a house with Habiat for Humanity in Nepal. It was hard work but I really enjoyed working every day and had a wonderful experience. I want to join GV programs again. - Natsumi Suenobu

I want to join habitat program again. - Kaito Suzuki


I had a good time. This Global Village was good experience for me. - Sumire Takemura

0 comments :

Popular Posts